Early Bird deadline is this!
Please be sure to register for the SMCGS Spring Seminar by thisin order to take advantage of advance pricing. Walk in Rates apply after .
Not Your Usual Records with Amy Johnson Crow
Spring Seminar on
Menlo Park LDS Church, 1105 Valparaiso Ave, Menlo Park
$45 Members, $50 Non-members, $55 Walk-Ins
Step off the beaten path with Amy and discover unexpected resources in these four one-hour sessions:
- Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker: Using Occupational Records
- After Mustering Out: Researching Civil War Vets
- Finding Ancestors before 1850
- Desperately Seeking Susan: Finding Females
Amy has a master's degree in Library Science, blogs regularly, and helps clients with research.
Thank you to all who have recently donated books from their collections. Some sample titles you will see at the Book Sale:
The Source: A Guidebook of American Genealogy edited by Szucs & Luebking
My Ancestor was an Apprentice by Raymond
Tracing Your Tank Ancestors by Tait & Fletcher
Army Records for Family Historians by Fowler
Here is a chance to try new software, or add to your current subscription while helping SMCGS raise funds to cover our expenses. We have for the auction:
- (2) U.S. Ancestry.com 6 mo. subscriptions
- Ancestry DNA kit
- Family Tree Maker 2017 software
- FindMyPast.com 1-year subscription
- Fold3.com 1-year subscription
- GenealogyBank.com 1-year subscription
- My Heritage.com 1-year subscription
- Newspapers.com 1-year subscription
- (2) Antique picture frames
- Research Services from genealogist Janice Sellers ($350 value)
Mini-consultations with Inge Harding-Barlow
Walk over to the Family History Library right next to the Seminar building.
Note: The Family History Library will be open onuntil .
SMCGS bakers will be mixing up their usual hard-to-resist homemade cookies and bars.
For more information & to register: http://www.smcgs.
Hope to see you there!